Position: Visual Designer
- Helped with transition from Flash-based assets to HTML and CSS.
- Also part of initiative to make components ascribe to various states’ web accessibility standards.
- Created hundreds of components across all grade bands and subjects.
- Provided illustrations for web components and printed books.
- Preschool course that won two Parents’ Choice awards in 2013 and 2014.
- Used my illustration skills as well as my design eye to create engaging and colorful assets.
- Photographs were used when teaching to emphasize real world examples and illustrations used to tell stories.
Grade 6 Intermediate Math
- I became the lead designer, creating numerous Flash-based assets as well as any graphs or charts needed for the components.
Young Classics Anthologies
- Tasked several times to create illustrations for K12’s printed anthologies.
- Used various styles sometimes depending on the subject matter and audience.
- Example: I took inspiration from Japanese woodblock prints for the style of “The Stonecutter,” a Japanese folktale.